Friday 11 March 2011

Naked Smooth Conditioner (s)

Naked Smooth Silky Conditioner – straight or longer hair
Promises: Keeping hair kink free can be high maintenance. So we use jojoba oil because it's a super rich, deeply conditioning liquid wax that coats the hair shaft to help naked_19[1]reduce frizz and give hair the appearance of satin sheets.
Using plant based conditioning ingredients, this effective formulation reforms rebellious hair, getting it back on the straight and narrow by creating long term moisturisation and reduced static without the heaviness of petrochemical residue build up.

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassicamidopropyl dimethylamine, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Glycerin, Aspartic acid, Jojoba wax PEG-120 esters, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, Dicaprylyl ether, Lauryl alcohol, Citric acid, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Hexyl cinnamal, Linalool.

Directions: After washing, squeeze out excess water. Massage evenly through hair for a minute or two, then rinse away. Gently combing through will help tackle any tangles before rinsing off.

The Truth: This conditioner is of a thick and heavy consistency, I thought woo this has to be good. Because my hair loves thick conditioners and it soaks them up well. So this is how I went about using this conditioner, I shampooed my hair scalp {can not remember what I used}, then t-shirt blot out some of the water, then I went to work by applying this conditioner to my hair small sections. Straight I way I notice the lack of slip there is, it is thick and sorta coaty feel when I rub it b/n my fingers. I had difficult trying to detangle with my wiiiide tooth come and so i used my fingers, which was not that easy either.

I managed to get it through my hair and I cover my hair with a steam cap and went under my dryer for a steam for 30-40mins.

I let the hair kool and then proceed to rinsing my hair in sections, it rinses out well and there was no residue, the hair felt slightly coated, like the feeling I had experience b/n my fingers. It did not moisturized well, it sort-a made my hair felt heavy and slightly weighed down and felt also kind-a clumpy.

I honestly was not impressed with this conditioner to be honest. I don’t think I will revisit this conditioner again to be honest. I used it up mixing and dabbing it in other stuff just to get rid of it. As I never throw out a conditioner lol.

Rating: 2/5

Price: £3.99 BOGOF @ Boots

 

 

Naked Shine Hydrating Conditioner – normal to dry hair

Promises:  Buttermilk is renowned for its amazing softeningnaked_01_490x406[1] properties and Green Tea extract helps add sheen and elasticity to your hair cuticle. Topped up with Black Tea extract, this conditioner has a bit of a glossy reputation.
Vegetarian friendly. Sorry - not suitable for vegans.

Ingredients:    Aqua (Water), Cetearyl alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl ether, Glyceryl stearate, Sodium latate, Cetrimononium chloride, Quaternium-80, Ceteareth-20, Inulin (Source: Chicory), Cetyl dimethicone copolyol (Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone), Propylene glycol, Parfum ( Fragrance), Guar hydroxpropyltrimonium chloride, Butylene glycol. Limonene, Benzyl benzoate, Hexyl cinnamal, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed extract, Linalool, Magnesium nitrate, Camellia sinensis (Green tea) leaf extract, Camellia sinensis (Black tea) leaf extract, Butyris lac (buttermilk) powder, Sorbitol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone.

Directions:   After washing, squeeze out excess water. Massage evenly through hair for a minute or two, then rinse away. Gently combing through will help tackle any tangles before rinsing off. For even better results, finish with Naked Style Extra Shiny serum and don't forget to swish.

The Truth: This was part of the BOGOF, I did the same step as I did with the previous conditioner. I shampooed my scalp and then t-shirt blot the excess water out and went to work on applying the conditioner. This conditioner is nice with a rich consistency, it has a lot of slip, it smells good and it is good for detangling. It is not an overly thick conditioner and it not watery either, it just right.

After I apply to my hair in sections, I throw on a steam cap and DC on my dryer for about 30-40mins. I let my hair kool down and then I rinses thoroughly with warm water. It rinses well from my hair and my hair felt soft, manageable and moisturized. I like this conditioner and would buy it again, I find it to be nice also for co-washing, it gives you a nice clean feel and soft and moisturized hair. I will bag this again when Boots have them on BOGOF.

Rating: 4/5

Price: £3.99 BOGOF @ Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment