Wednesday 2 March 2011

Featured Excerpt: Azurcarmoreno

Where do you live?
Atlanta, GA

How long have you been texlaxed?
About 9 months

What’s your regimen?
My Weekly Routine:
AzucarmorenoShampoo 1x week with Burt's Bees "Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet" Sulfate-free shampoo

Conditioner:
VO5 moisture milks or Suave
DC: ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Conditioner and (protein) Organics Hair Mayonaise
Leave-ins: NTM, Aussy Moisture Insurance, Procclaim anti-frizz serum
Oils/sealers: coconut oil and/or Taliah Waajid African Healing Oil (on my scalp)

Styling products when I flat iron my hair:
Aussie Moisture Insurance (smells great!)
Procclaim anti-frizz serum
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon (cream)

Styling Products when I do no-heat styles:
NTM + Aussie Moisture Insurance Leave-In conditioner
Coconut oil (sealer) + Taliah Waajid African Healing Oil (for my scalp)
Hollywood Carrot or Olive Cream (moisturizer)
Procclaim anti-frizz serum

What mistakes have you made with your hair that you’ve learned from?
*Relaxing hair too often (every 6 weeks!): My scalp became severely damaged and I lose hair.
*Using too much heat: I try air dry almost every time I shampoo, and do no-heat styles (braid outs, buns, Bantu knots) Azucarmoreno 1c

What has been your favorite product?
Coconut oil: I use it as a prepoo, moisturizer, sealer...and on my skin. I love it!

What is your ‘SIGNATURE’ style?

Most days I bun, it's the quickest/easiest

What has been your biggest challenge during your hair journey? And how did you overcome this challenge in your journey?
Dealing with NG during my stretches! It is still challenging.

Azucarmoreno 1b What is your ultimate hair goal?
My hair goal is to to reach BSL or MBL with full, healthy shiny hair and scalp.

What steps are you taking to achieve that?
*I have been using too much heat lately, but I plan on going back to no-heat styles on regular basis,
*continuing trimming my hair until all the damaged hair is removed.
*stretching my relaxers to allow my scalp time to heal
*reducing the sue of blow dryers and direct heat (curling/flat irons)
*Oiling my scalp and doing prepoos and DC's (using sulfate-free shampoos) Azucarmoreno 1d
*Doing protective styles

Are there any words of encouragement/advice you would like to offer to those that are texlaxed?
Texlaxing does work, it gives the versatility of a relaxer, but still allow some of the texture to remain and it makes hair look thicker  and healthier.

What does 'good' hair means to you?
Healthy hair, regardless or hair type, texture, length or ethnicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment